Sunday, August 7, 2011

The start of the covert mission

   This is the Jeep the first day I got it.  I had told my fiance that I was going to my father's house to help him with his porch roof, and that we had to drive to a Lowe's in Warren, PA to get supplies for the roof.  That was the best lie I could come up with, but it worked!  That night we had dinner at my parents house, and it was all my father, mother, and myself could do not to let something slip out about the day's events.
   
  We had to tow it home from a place up by Rochester, NY that is about 3 hours away with a truck borrowed from work, and a u-haul car dolly.  The trip up was eventful to say the least.  Ever hauled an empty car dolly before any sort of distance?  After running over the first set of railroad tracks I wasn't sure if we were going to make it or not, and pops was white knuckle driving for most of the distance.  The trip home was a whole lot smoother, and the only issue was that the damn trailer made so much noise, because of the loose loading ramps that rattler over every bump that you hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment