Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sandblasting awesomeness!!

Ever sandblasted anything?  Well if someone ever offers nicely to let you help them out by doing it.  Politely decline, or tell them to go pound sand.  It might be one of the filthiest most dirtiest things I have ever done.  I was wearing protective head gear and safety glasses, and still the next morning when I got up I was picking sand out of my eyes.  Not to mention the other unmentionable places you get sand.  Kind of like going to the beach, and rolling around in the sand...naked. =)
 As you can see from the above pic.  We used an above ground spider rack to lift the body off of the frame.  Not the easiest things to do, and seemed entirely too unstable because of how small the tub is on the Jeep.  Either way it stayed in the air for a couple weeks while we worked on the frame.  Also while we had the body  off we put a new clutch kit in just to be sure it was new.

No comments:

Post a Comment