Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Boxes of parts

Now is when we started getting into the real nitty gritty of the tear down, and my father has a super amazing way or organizing everything he takes apart.  Just throw everything you take off into a box.  No rhyme or reason.  Just fill multiple boxes with every nut, bolt, or piece of hardware that you take off.  At this point I am thinking he is quite mad, but he has worked as a frame technician in a body shop for years so it goes without saying that he knows that he is doing.



As you can see we literally stripped everything out of the jeep, and just made a huge pile of parts in the corner of the body shop.  During the process of tearing down we were also making a list of parts that should be replaced while we had it apart.  That way I wouldn't have to worry about something stupid like a water pump blowing up on me after only having the jeep back together for a month.

Someday when I find a scanner that I can just feed paper through I will be sure to scan all of my bills.  Then I will be able to come up with an actual total of everything I put into the Jeep, and also it will be a great way for me to keep a hold of my receipts just in case if I do have any problems with the parts that I installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment