Monday, August 8, 2011

The beginning of the restoration

So after I bought the Jeep my father and I decided that a frame off restoration would probably be the best idea.  That way we both would know exactly what type of condition the Jeep was in, and know if there were any other nasty rust spots in the frame that couldn't be seen with the body on.  I had no idea what we were getting into since it was the first time I had ever even attempted any sort of project like this, but everyone just about shat their pants when I would say the phrase "taking the body off of the frame."

Now would be a good time to state that my old man is super handy when it comes to anything automotive so without him none of this would have been possible in the least for me without spending a ton of cash monies.  He really has put a ton of time into this for me, and I owe it all pretty much to him for the direction that this project has gone.  Guess I will have to come up with a clever way to repay him, and show my appreciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment